What is the point of living in an agricultural state if you cannot enjoy the fare?
I am a drop site for Grinnell Heritage CSA. CSA stands for community supported agriculture, which is basically a weekly subscription to food delivered to one spot.
If you want to supplement your CSA or aren’t a member yet, farmers’ markets are the best places to access fresh and local food to nourish your body and heal you! Keep reading for locations, times, and dates of great markets around Cedar Rapids.
This market just keeps growing and growing!
- April – October.
- Guthridge Park on 10th Ave
May – September
- City Square Park
- Wednesdays 3-6PM and Saturdays 8-11:30AM (In 21013 – No markets on May 18 (Marion Arts Festival), June 1 (BBQ Rendezvous), and September 6 (Swamp Fox).)
This market is year round! Sign up for newsletter with vendor notification and story of a day in the life of an organic farmer by asking when you visit.
May-October – near the gazebo on First Street NW in Memorial Park.
- Thursdays 4:00p to 6:00p
November-April market is held in the Community Center Gymnasium on 1st Street E.
- Saturdays 10a-Noon
- Downtown – Chauncey Swan Park @ the corner of S. Gilbert and E. Washington
- Wednesdays 5:30p-7:30p, Saturdays 7:30a-11:30a from May-October
- Sycamore – West end of Sycamore Mall parking lot, near theatre
- Tuesdays 3:00p – 6:30p
- Coralville Community Aquatic Center parking lot @ 1513 7th Street
- Mondays and Thursdays 5:00p – 8:00p
- Hillcrest Garden Market, a roadside stand run by Dick and Karen Olson 1580 P Ave, 6 miles N. of I-80 on V-77, on the way to the Tanger Outlet Mall 318-642-3445, email@example.com
- Urbana Legion Pavilion
- Saturdays, 9:00 – 11:00 am
- North parking lot at Farmers’ Savings Bank, corner of Hwy 8 and 63
- Wednesdays, 4:00 – 6:00 pm from May – October
- June through September
- In the Public parking lot on Main Street beside Petro and Provisions
- Wednesdays 3pm-6pm, Saturdays 7am-Noon, from
- May – October
- On First Street in front of the Renaissance Center
- Wednesday 3-6 PM, Saturday 8-noon.
- May 23rd – September 26th
- On Vinton Street (between 1st and 2nd Streets)
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays, 1:30 – 4 PM
And if you live/are visiting the Cedar Falls/Waterloo area, there are so many markets to stop at that you should schedule time to buy fresh food.